Winston and Company is a firm built on positive relationships with our people and our clients. We rely on our professional staff to provide exceptional service and help our clients by providing insight and advice they can trust. To ensure this, we offer an environment that fosters not only a client-first but people-first culture, with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
Our office provides services to small and medium-sized businesses, including preparation of year-end financial statements on Notice to Reader and Reviews, Specified Procedure Audits, Personal and Corporate tax compliance, as well as more complex tax, business consulting and forensic matters.
What you will do
Our professionals help our clients manage risk so they can focus on their core business. By intimately understanding our client’s business, we can provide insights to uncover hidden opportunities and efficiencies for our clients. We are currently looking for a Staff Accountant/ CPA student to join our growing practice and own the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of Notice to Reader and Review Engagement financial statements
- Preparation and review of working paper files for income tax returns for personal, corporate and trust returns
- Occasional bookkeeping duties include preparation or review of investment account reconciliations
- Building positive working relationships with clients and effectively responding to requests and suggestions
- Effectively communicating with staff and management regarding progress updates and issues on an ongoing basis
Why Winston and Company?
Our firm is committed to providing you with an environment where both you and our firm can be successful:
- You will gain valuable growth and mentorship from both partners;
- Richard Winston with more than 35 years of experience with small and medium-sized Edmonton-based businesses.
- Robert Winston with 9 years of experience; articled at PwC before making the move to Winston & Company in 2015 and receiving his CA.
- You will gain exposure to small and mid-size businesses, helping grow the local, Edmonton economy
- You will be challenged in servicing clients from both a compliance and advisory point of view.
- Joining a tightly knit office, with a people-first culture, your personal needs will always matter
- By joining a growing firm, you can become a major part of its growth and success.
What you bring to the role
- Completion of a BComm, preferably in accounting
- 3 or more years of public practice experience is desirable
- CPA students are welcome (public practice experience not required) **Must be enrolled in CPA program
- CPA designation will be considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to ensure management is kept updated on file progression
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Strong time management and ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Be a self-motivated professional
- Previous experience with CaseWare, CaseView, Jazz-It and Profile
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel skills required
- Strong accounting foundation, including knowledge of relevant accounting frameworks and file documentation best practices
Interested job applicants may forward their resumes to email@example.com